Intertextual Connections


Cinderella Man


I had the pleasure of watching Cinderella Man today. It was such a fantastic movie. Definitely one of my recent favourites. There is something about Russell, sure is. Whenever I watch him, I seem to forget that I'm watching Rusell Crowe but instead actually locking in to the character that he is portraying, the bulldog boxer!

Such a dramatic story of life, of what does one fight for in life. In his case, milk. The source of food and shelter, the source of needs rather than wants. The driving force when everything is stripped away, given a second chance, you don't want to lose it again. For me, it puts things in perspective, that life is a battle indeed. To know how blessed we are, but also realizing that there are people out there fighting to put food on their table. His dramatic portrayal manage to strike a chord in me to feel for him. Well done, Rusell! Well done!

Definitely plan to watch it again.

An interesting article on The Star today, with regards to the entertainment industry. Would you rather be Paris Hilton or Jodie Foster? Would you want a career of long term recognition or rather be in the face of every magazine cover, an actress of b-grade movies and whatever else that may boost the appreciation of one's self image persona. I clearly take the former, if you ask me.

0 Responses to “Cinderella Man”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.